Friday, July 27, 2007

Finale

It's day number 4 and it's really the last day for me to be confined, thank God! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be heading down the shore to spend the week in Seaside Park with my parents and Pat and the kids. Not only am I excited to go on a real, not forced, vacation for a week but I am so excited to spend time with my family and to see the kids again! I've always joked about how I would love a week or two by myself, no kids, no nothing, well I got that this week. While I did enjoy sleeping late, I did not enjoy being sick by myself and only being able to talk to my kids over the phone and see them via cell phone pictures! (Just in case you were wondering, Nicholas is not a stellar phone communicator! Typical man! ;) ) So by tomorrow morning I'll be safe to be around others because the danger of passing on the radiation will have passed!
Thanks to everyone who checked back daily to see how I was doing and thanks to everyone, especially Pat and my parents, who really were wonderful in taking care of me and the kids...even if it was from afar! Thanks for the emails and the calls and the offers to rent radiation suits and hang out....Clooney was enough!
So, next week we'll be on vacation but when we get back I am sure we'll have tons of photos of the kids on the beach, with Grandma and Pop-pop and with friends that we'll get to spend time with while we'll away!! Thanks for Listening!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison,

I had no idea you had to receive radiation treatments. I am sorry that you had to go through that whole experience. I hope you are feeling better and that you are on your way to good health FOREVER or at least til you're 102!!!!
I must say you truly were an inspiration- didn't complain in your entries- you were just being human. And I most certainly would sleep with a bat if Chris wasn't home what with
the dregs of humanity and all that are out there. If it makes you feel any better I used to sleep with all the lights on and music playing to give the impression that I was oh so wide awake and ready to perform karate at any given moment. I say whatever comforts you do it.
Nobody thinks you're nutters for trying to get some rest in a way that made you feel safe and secure.
We will take you out soon- Kathy and I. She's going to be moving soon. It's a long story- will tell you in person. In the meantime, I hope you feel tons better!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel

PS. The kids are so darn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com