Tuesday, July 24, 2007

10.49 Millicures

Well, I'm back from the doctor and starting out on my first night alone in a VERY LONG TIME!! I had my, hopefully, last dose of radiation today. It was 10.49 Millicures, hence the title! It should take around 6 months to have the full effect of destroying most, if not all, of my thyroid. Over the next couple of weeks I'll most likely experience an increase in severity of my symptoms and then most likely have them drop off and change. Over these next few days I'm pretty much confined to my house, alone. I'll be consuming enormous amounts of water to help the radiation work its way through my body and I have to remember to always flush twice! :) I think right now, about an hour into this, the most annoying part has to be flushing twice! I have to flush and then wait for the toilet to stop running and gurgling, etc. and then flush again. Thank God that's the most annoying part so far!
I have a lot of reading to do over these next few days! My friend Heather was great enough to buy me three books that I've been waiting to borrow from her. I read the first one, "Something Borrowed" and I loved....only two more to go! My Dad also gave me the biography of Billy Joel which I am very excited to get into! I'll have to save at least one for next week while we're on vacation!
So that's that so far....I'm sure my boredom will get worse and I'll be back to update more, although I do hope that the updates don't get worse....ie my side effects get worse! And I'm sure they'll get more interesting.....

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com