Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not so Glowing Anymore...

I went back today, just give you an update if you're interested, to the doctor for a bunch of tests. As my new friend, AJ, the very nice and very difficult to understand Radiologist said, "You are hyper, baby!" Thanks AJ, how about we go over something I wasn't already aware of! I received confirmation today that I have advanced Graves' Disease with tumor "complications". (I have two tumors, small, on the left rear side of my thyroid)
What I had done over the past two days was this: I swallowed two radioactive pills which are supposed to only be absorbed by the thyroid. I went back today and found out that my thyroid absorbed 75% of the radiation. (10% is the normal level) (Last year, during my very first dose of radiation, my thyroid absorbed 95%. We now know I was pr4egnant at that point and that affected the absorption rate!)
I found this out by having a number of nuclear pictures taken of my neck and thyroid by giant machine that, while completely open, scared the living crap out of me! :) So, next week it's time for the big one! I take a high dose of radiation which should destroy my thyroid as well as the disease, at least that's what we're shooting for!

In other news Nicholas and Addison had a fabulous day with the best babysitter ever, Erin! They went to Grandma and Pop-pop's too while I was at the doctor. Later on, Pop-pop took us to dinner at one of our favorite place, Firehouse. Nicholas was an absolute angel and ate a ton of macaroni and ice cream and then immediately went to bed when we got home!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com