Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nativity Redux

A few Christmases ago when Santa brought the Baby Jesus-
I kid, I kid...we all know it's the Easter Bunny that brought Jesus!  ;)
ANYWAY, Santa brought Nicholas and Addison a Little People Nativity Set a few years ago and when I was cleaning up in preparation for tonight I found bits and pieces of the set.  I wanted to try and put the entire set together because I like the kids to understand the TRUE meaning of Christmas and I want them to know that it's about Jesus' Birth and not presents and Santa.
So, I went through every toy box, every closet, every "Secret" hiding place that the kids have created, and I tried to find all of the little people necessary to make up the Nativity scene.  Anyone who lives with, has lived with, or knows children, knows that keeping all of the pieces of every toy together is virtually impossible.  Well, that was certainly the case today!  Try as I might, I could not find all of the little people so I did a little substituting. 
Take a look.....

Let's start at the top, shall we?
There's the Angel- who I SWEAR I saw last week.  This week she apparently, has just returned from her Winter vacation in the islands.
Moving down, we can see that it appears that Mary decided to go out on Safari for awhile.  And, 'Lo, Jesus has already been delivered!
Poor Joseph, still has to carry around that stick...must not be too good on his feet.
Mary brought back a few animals from her travels...the camel, which is actually a circus camel- must have been an interesting safari- the elephant, who was in the act that followed the camel under the big top, and of course the basics: the sheep, and the donkeys.  I'm curious to know where the lowing cattle are....
And finally, we see that the three "Kings" have also made an early arrival bearing gifts of gold, myrrh, and pretty orange flowers delivered by a little pink bunny.
It's the Nativity like you've never seen!

*Nicholas just came running in and he found Mary...her twin sister, Peg, had been out on Safari.  He also found the third wiseman, he was tied up in mounds of that green Easter grass, feasting on Cadbury eggs and muttering something about pink bunnies and camels.

Happy 3rd Week of Advent and Happy Hanukkah!!
Hope yours has been Blessed!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com