Sunday, September 16, 2007

Breast Cancer Walk

This morning we walked in the St. Clare's Walk for Breast Cancer in Rockaway, NJ. The kids did really great and it was very important for them to recognize the survivors and remember the victims of this horrible disease! Nicholas walked in memory of his Grandma Hilda and Addison "walked" in honor of her Great-Grandpa Ed.
I did this walk two years ago when Nicholas was just about the same age as Addie is now and there were only about 1/4 of the people that were there today. What a wonderful showing of support and hope in the close to 500 walkers that completed the 5K. It was a gorgeous morning and it just showed me how much we need to work to find a cure. The amount of babies and children that were there who deserve to have a cure and their moms and dads and whomever else also deserve it! Thank you so much to everyone who donated to our "team", we are so grateful and know that your money went to a WONDERFUL cause. If you would like to donate you can send it directly to the St. Clare's Foundation, just email me and I'll give you the address! Thanks again!!

Just in Case the Pics aren't working

Breast Cancer Walk

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking at the pictures of Addison and all I can think is that she looks just like Rocky!! Rocky I of course...none of that other crap. I feel like she could take those art museum steps with no issue whatsoever....even though she can't roll over!

 
template by suckmylolly.com