Saturday, August 25, 2007

Crunchy




The "first" time I used the word crunchy I was in college and I was talking with my then roommate, T, about our RA. She hadn't interacted with Jen, the RA, all that much and T wanted to know what she was like. So I described her long flowing bohemian skirt and her short short short haircut and bra less attitude and then I said, "She's nice but I don't know, a little too....crunchy for me!" (The girl didn't shave...EVER!) Since then, crunchy has caught on...maybe not like wildfire but it's getting there. I do my best to spread it as much as I can! Why crunchy you ask? Well, of course because of granola! All crunchy people eat granola! I know it's a GROSS GENERALIZATION....but I made this association with the "Hippie" type and granola and have never been able to give it up!
Well, the point of my story, Addison went crunchy tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit!! Since Nicholas was on baby food, Gerber has come up with all kinds of new flavors to introduce to our little tykes! Things like Guava Peach delight and Vanilla Oatmeal Pear and Tofu Black Raspberry.....ok maybe not that one...but there are some interesting varieties out there! Tonight, Addie had Granola and Peach and LOVED IT! I mean seriously LOVED it! I have visions of tofu and no meat sandwiches from BK and Tofurkey....it's frightening! Tomorrow I am definitely introducing some Dutch Apple Dessert just so she remembers the taste of non Crunchy foods and if she doesn't that's ok too....I can learn to "cook" tofu...I just don't have to love it!
Luckily, Nicholas is our "cookie cutter" in the food department as he sat down to a meal of chicken nuggets, American cheese, and peas accompanied by ketchup and followed by some good old fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream in a Dixie cup!! Yay for tried and true!!

1 comments:

John Zambenini said...

I absolutely agree with your generalization that crunchy people all eat granola. there's no getting around it. thanks so much for your rema4rks on my blog, by the way; frankly i'm shocked that someone other than my grandma reads it, but i'm glad nonetheless. may i ask how you found it?

take care and best regards,
John "he-has-to-be-a-little-bit-crunchy-if-he's-stupid-enough-to-ride-his-bike-like-that" Zambenini

 
template by suckmylolly.com