Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mini Update

Just a little update on how things are going.  I'm still in the hospital but being discharged this afternoon.  The girls will be staying, which is good because right now it's the best place for them. But they are doing pretty well!  Madelyn is off all oxygen and feeding tubes and she's already changed, I think!  Carrington has been back and forth on and off the feeding tube.  When we went in to see her this morning the tube was back in but I'm confident it will be out very soon!  She's definitely our tiny little chicken and needs to keep eating.  
They will both, hopefully, be off IV fluids within the next day or two which also means that they will be moving to real cribs, too, and can actually wear preemie clothes.  All exciting positive things!!
Nicholas and Addison are SUPER excited to meet their sisters and love seeing pictures of the girls.  Nicholas' class made a whole bunch of cards for the girls and Addie drew tons of pictures for her sisters.  
In addition to waiting for their sisters, Nicholas and Addison have been having a ball being with grandma and pop-pop and Aunt Jessica.  I'm sure they all need a break from the two of them but everyone has been so great about occupying them and taking care of them- we couldn't be more appreciative!  Also, Addison lost her SECOND tooth yesterday at grandma's house.  I can't believe how fast she's growing....crazy crazy!
I don't have any new pictures because I really don't like bringing my phone into the NICU because of all of the germs that live on it.  I'm planning on bringing in my good camera once I'm home and coming back and forth to see the girls so hopefully, I'll have much better pictures soon!
Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming, our little preemies can definitely use them!!

1 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

All such wonderful news!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures!

 
template by suckmylolly.com