Friday, August 8, 2008

The Castle Park

My mom and I took the kids to the Castle Park today.
The Castle Park is down by my parents and is actually a rebuilding of the original Castle Park that my dad, sister and I helped to build. In the past few years it was determined that the original Castle Park, completely made of wood, was unsafe because of splinters and treated wood. It was torn down and a new, plastic and metal, larger Castle Park was built.
It is, by far, Nicholas' favorite park!
It is, by far, one of my least favorite parks!
It is not completely fenced in. It is quite large. It is easy to "lose" a kid behind a piece of equipment or mixed in with other children. It is just completely anxiety inducing, when done alone with two kids. Luckily, grandma was with me so we could play man-to-man rather than zone!
Both kids really had a great time playing on the swings and the slides. Addie enjoyed running around while Nicholas climbed the rope spider web. It was actually a really good time and I'm glad we went!


Our Monkey


Pure Joy

Addie enjoyed the "big girl" swing

This was harder for mommy than it was for Addie!!

Making her way down the slide

Practicing for her first Horse Ride

Nicholas describing the rock formations to me

Addison Hilda

Navigating the rope Spider Web

Climbing

She appeared to enjoy this swing even more!

2 comments:

Rach said...

stumbled upon your blog. everyone looked like they had fun! =D

Megan said...

Looks like fun! When can we get the kids together? Looks like when we do a trip to a playground is needed!

 
template by suckmylolly.com