Thursday, October 11, 2012

Check Up and Check In

I just realized that I never took the pictures of the girls that I wanted to take today.  Carrington, Madelyn and I headed off to our favorite pediatrician's office this morning for their one year old check up.  After having to wake both girls up from their naps and then put them in the ever dreaded car seats, I was pretty much exhausted and ready for a beer but press on we did and we made it to the doctor's office with just a minute or two to spare!

Let me tell you, now that the girls are out of their infant carriers and we have to figure out how to maneuver two writhing and wiggling girls, things are a lot more complicated!  When I go shopping with the girls- whether it's Home Depot, Target or Shop-Rite- I use our front carrier and a shopping cart.  At the mall I use our stroller.  At the doctor's office it's a bit more complicated.  I chose to load them into the double stroller and hope for the best.  It ended up being a bit of an energy drain trying to have them both examined and keep them happy but our doctor is awesome and helped a ton and we made it through the appointment with little incident.

Madelyn weighed in at just over 21 pounds and, if I remember correctly 27 inches.  She is above the average on the weight charts and way below the average on height.  She's doing great, that's all that really matters to us!  The poor thing, though, does have a double ear infection.  I have to say I was hoping, in a weird way, for something like that because Miss Madelyn and I have been spending the wee hours of the past few mornings together and while I love my girls, I do not love the wee hours of the morning as much as I used to!

Carrington Jane weighed in at 18 3/4 pounds and I cannot for the life of me remember her height...I think it was around 25 inches.  She jumped on to the charts, finally, for her age and she's right around the average for weight and way way way down on height.  Again, totally healthy and that's all that really matters!!  Carrington has been doing excellent since we found out about her food allergies.  We've avoided all eggs since that's her severe allergy and we've been doing the regular bleach (yes BLEACH) baths for her coupled with her new medicines and it's like a totally different baby!  AMAZING!

All in all it was a great appointment and it's nice to see that the girls are catching up.  I can remember when they were first born and we started evaluating them our doctor told us it would take about a year to 18 months for the girls to catch up to full term babies.  It appears that we're right on schedule with them catching up and as long as they stay healthy, we're happy!  

Hopefully tomorrow I'll remember to post a few pictures!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com