Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School

Nicholas started Kindergarten yesterday!!
He was so excited on Monday night couldn't stop talking about starting his new school and wearing his uniform.  The fact that he didn't seem nervous helped me a lot, but not enough to keep the tears at bay when I dropped him off on Tuesday morning.  I'm pretty sure I was the only parent there who was crying.  Nicholas even patted me on the shoulder and gave me a kiss to let me know it would all be ok!
He really enjoyed his first day although he mentioned to Pat that he had to sit next to a weird girl who was allergic to everything!!
Nicholas and I drive into school together each morning because his new school is just about 5 minutes away from where I teach and hopefully very close to where we'll be moving sooner than later!!  The first two days have been a bit hectic but knowing that he's in an awesome school with an incredible teacher and wonderful kids has made it all worth it!
He was very excited to go back today but is really looking forward to Friday and his first half-day!


All set and ready to go by the front door!

Quite the pose for so early in the morning!

Every year on the first day of school, my mom would take a picture of my sister and I in front of our house.  I'm fairly certain there is a picture somewhere where I am wearing a HIDEOUS green jumper and doing a pose VERY similar to this one!

At the End of His First Day of Kindergarten!!

I have a few other pictures that I posted to Facebook from my phone but they weren't all that great since I could barely see through my tears that morning! 
;)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com