Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breast Cancer Walk 2010

When Nicholas was just a baby he and I participated in the second Annual St. Clare's Walk for Breast Cancer.  With the exception of the year that I was pregnant with Addison, we have done the walk every year since then.  This year, we participated as part of a team building exercise for the girls' Softball team that I coach at work.  
We were up bright and early and met up with most of the JV and Varsity team, and my Varsity coach.  We totaled up all of our fundraising efforts, which came to $365, and then we headed out for the walk!
When Nicholas and I started doing this walk, there could not have been more than 150 people, today there was well over 500 plus!
It was a gorgeous morning and the walk was a success! I am quite proud of the girls and Nicholas and Addison for dedicating their Sunday morning to such a worthy and important cause!





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com