Sunday, June 14, 2009

George Washington Bridge Challenge

This morning I ran my very first 5k!
I've been running for a few months now and specifically training for this particular run. This morning was the George Washington Bridge Challenge to benefit the American Cancer Society. We ran across the GWB into NY and then back again! It was actually quite cool to run across the bridge and have it closed down just for us!
As part of the run I raised roughly $650 for the American Cancer Society! I have to thank each and every single person that supported me through this run! I cannot tell you how many people donated and gave me their support, both monetarily and emotionally. It was wonderful to be reminded of how many people support me and support this awesome cause!
I ran today in honor of my grandfather, a three time cancer survivor, and my mother in law who lost her battle with breast cancer when she was in her 40s. I also ran for every single person who has ever been touched by cancer in the hopes that no one else will have to suffer through the horrible consequences of cancer!
Pat, my mom, and the kids came up to Fort Lee to support me and watch the race. Pat tried to take a few pictures but the weather was pretty crappy and for some reason the camera wasn't working correctly! Here are a few shots from the day! I only wish I had been able to stop on the bridge and take a few shots- the views were INCREDIBLE!!
Thank you, again, to every single person that supported me in some way, shape or form! Each of you was with me this morning and I ran for each of you! THANK YOU!!

Waiting For Mommy at the Finish


In the Hot Pink....Almost There!

Finished!
Success!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com