Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Saturday Traditions

Ever since I can remember, we have spent Holy Saturday preparing for Easter and making calzones from scratch. As a little kid I can remember helping my grandmother make the filling for the calzone and roll out the dough. Now that I have my own kids and my mom has become grandma, the tradition has been passed along.
Today, after introducing the kids to my softball team, we headed over to grandma and pop-pop's to continue the Holy Saturday tradition and make calzones. Nicholas and Addison spent the afternoon mixing the ricotta and meat filling and then helping to pound and roll out the dough. They then filled and sealed each calzone with precision and care! After all that work you would they would want to taste the fruits of their labors....not so much! I can say from my own personal taste test, they were quite delicious!!
It was wonderfully special to be able to continue to share in this tradition with my own kids and I look forward to tomorrow and the traditions that will continue to be shared!
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy and Blessed Easter! May the joy and hope of Easter come to each and every one you!!
Happy Easter!





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com