Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Lights

One of my very favorite parts of this time of year is Christmas lights. I just love everything about them including the meaning behind the light of the season. In an effort to pass that on to the kids each year we do light drives where we just look at the lights, like we used to do when I was a kid. I wanted to step it up a bit this year and make that much more memorable so I created a Christmas lights scavenger hunt.
The kids came home from school today and were presented with brand new matching PJs. Then after dinner I popped some popcorn, loaded everyone into the car and handed them their lists. We stopped to grab some hot chocolate and then headed out to find everything on our list!! The kids were looking for things like houses with blue icicle lights or more than three inflated decorations. Not to toot my own horn but they freaking loved it!! And I couldn't be happier! I am so glad that we are able to introduce this new tradition and make this time of year that much more special.










0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com